Day seven of my non diet and I’m afraid to stand on the scales. I went around to me mas to get away from all the Easter chocolate in my gaff…
- A diet? A diet? You’re on a diet?
- Don’t keep saying it ma
- Why are you on a diet?
- Just for the craic, why do you think?
- You don’t need to lose weight Bernie
- Me arse is the size of Galway Bay ma
- Indeed it’s not, who told you that?
- No one, I have a mirror
- Well, you need to get a new mirror. Turn around and let me see
- Can you not see it from there ma?
- Wait until I put me glasses on
- You don’t need glasses to see my arse
- I think you’re just buying the wrong clothes Bernie
- What do you mean?
- The pockets on them jeans aren’t very flattering, they just draw your eye to the area
- So you admit my arse looks huge
- It’s not actually huge, but…
- Jesus thanks ma
- Look aren’t you healthy? That’s the main thing
- Yeah, I feel great, you’ve made me feel soooooo much better ma
- Your health is your wealth Bernie
- I’d rather be healthy with a smaller arse
- Don’t be silly Bernie, now go put the kettle on and I’ll open one of my Easter eggs.
- Jaysis, is there no end to the bleedin’ Easter Eggs? Easter was a week ago and the eggs are everywhere, it’s like they’re following me
- I thought you loved chocolate Bernie
- Yeah I do ma, that’s the problem. I came here to get away from it. I thought yours would be all gone
- Ah no, I still have eight left
- Eight? Jaysis how many did you get?
- Twelve. All the grand kids bought me one, and the gays bought me one, and Leonard bought me one, and….
- Ok. Ok. I get the picture ma
- Come on Bernie, a little bit won’t do you any harm
- So everyone keeps saying, but try telling that to my backside ma
I’m not going near her again until all them eggs are eaten
10 thoughts on “Health is wealth #AtoZChallenge”
Hahaha I feel your pain. I thought I was done with the Easter chocolate and then went to Target and found it 75% off. I caved.
I’ve never eaten as much in my entire life…it’s everywhere
LikeLiked by 1 person
She needs help with those eggs.
I left her to it…no problem to her to scoff the lot
Oh, don’t even get me started on the Easter eggs. I was bad. I bought a bunch. They were 50% off… sigh. We still have them around here–chocolate-covered peanut butter ones. I keep hiding them from my husband. He will binge eat them if I let him.
I think I may have found a diet that allows chocolate…watch this space!! 😉
LikeLiked by 1 person
It’s to the point where i can resist anything except temptation, and that’s everywhere!
Tell me about it!!
Sympathies. We just had Russian Easter, and for a whole week afterward we eat everything we couldn’t have during Great Lent. (Meat, fish, dairy, wine, oil.) My two boys got so much chocolate in their Easter baskets it looks like candy store in my kitchen…..
Same here; it’s too much really, but hey watch out for my new diet 😉