It’s Maisies last week in the nursing home. I know she secretly loves it but she just won’t admit it…
- Heya ma
- Hello Bernadette
- How are you getting on?
- Why? Did you not do your physio today?
- I did
- Well, how was it
- Well then?
- Well then what?
- Why did you say awful?
- I’m talking about this place
- It’s lovely ma
- You stay here then if it’s so lovely
- What do you not like about it?
- The food is shite
- What did you have for your lunch?
- Chicken and ham with carrots and potatoes and parsley sauce
- Sounds lovely.
- It was alright
- Did you get dessert?
- Jelly and ice cream
- Very nice
- It was alright
- Did you not eat your lunch then?
- Of course I ate it
- It can’t have been that bad so
- I was starving Bernie. I’d have eaten the leg of the table with no salt I was so hungry
- Oh, did you not have breakfast then?
- I did. Porridge,a boiled egg, brown bread,tea, toast and marmalade
- Is that all? No wonder you were starving by lunch time two hours later..
- Three hours actually
- Marie said you’d a great time at the bingo last night and you really enjoyed the singalong on Saturday
- What would Marie know?
- She’s one of the carers ma. She sees you everyday. She said you love it and get on great with the other patients
- Did she now?
- She did ma
- I sit with Rita at the Bingo
- Ah that’s great that you’ve made a friend
- …and Nora, she’s great at the singing
- Two new friends?
- There’s Eileen as well, but she hasn’t a note in her head , she thinks she’s Vera Lynn.
- They can’t all be good singers ma
- It’s just as well most of them are deaf in here, that’s all I can say
- Did you sing on Saturday night ma?
- Well, they insisted. I had no choice
- Que sera sera?
- You know I love a bit of Doris Day Bernie
- I’d say you were great
- I had to do an encore…The Black hills of Dakota
- They’ll miss you when you go home ma
- D’ye think so Bernie?
- I know so ma…and you’ll miss them
- No I won’t.
- You will, just wait and see
- I won’t
- Not even Rita?
- Well maybe Rita…
- What about Nora and Eileen
- Maybe Nora, but not Eileen
- Because she’s a crap singer?
- No, because she’s a pain in the arse!
Takes one to know one sometimes I suppose!
2 thoughts on “Que Sera Sera”
No one enjoys being in a hospital, really, but i know your mother has been happy not to have to cook or clean up after herself. She will miss the attention once she gets back home.
Hi blogger, i must say you have very interesting content here.
Your page should go viral. You need initial traffic boost only.
How to get it? Search for: Mertiso’s tips go viral