What is it about tea that Irish people think it solves all problems?
I’m pregnant…have a cup of tea
I crashed the car…you need a nice strong cup of tea for your nerves
My fella broke up with me…he didn’t deserve you love, sit down and I’ll make you a cup of tea, you can tell me all about it
Me granny died…Lord rest her, I’ll make a pot of tea
Jimmy came home one evening in a rotten mood
- What’s wrong with you?
- There must be something wrong Jimmy, you’re like a demon
- I am not
- You are so
- I might be out of a job
- What? How?
- It’s this bleedin’ recession Bernie. There’s no work
- I thought you were up to your eyes building houses
- We were
- So what happened?
- No one is buying houses anymore
- Of course they are
- Well they want to buy them but the bank isn’t lending them money so they can’t
- Fucking bankers
- My sentiments exactly Bernie
- So when are you finished work?
- We’ve a meeting with the union on Monday
- So it’s not definite?
- Nothing is definite, but it’s looking bad
- That’s shocking Jimmy
- I know. I’ve been working with them for the past twenty five years. What am I going to do?
- I’ll put the kettle on
- I’ll make you a nice cup of tea
- Fuck tea. I’m going for a pint
- Right so
- Are you coming?
- Are you not meeting the lads?
- I am, but you come too
- Ah no, you go on
- Right so. I won’t be long
- Take your time Jimmy
- See you later Bernie
Some problems need tea, but some problems definitely need a pint