- Olive Byrne’s young fella came out at the weekend ma
- Out where?
- You know…OUT. He told her he’s gay
- Is he sure he’s gay? It could just be a phrase.
- IT’S A PHASE MA
- Exactly Bernie.You know what young people are like these days
- I’m sure he knows if he’s gay or not ma
- Wasn’t he over in America last summer?
- What’s that got to do with anything?
- Maybe that’s where he got the idea?
- What idea?
- To be gay Bernie
- You don’t just decide to be gay ma. You’re born that way.
- I’m not so sure Bernie
- So you think he woke up one morning and said, ‘Hey I’m in America, I think I’ll be gay now’
- Well he got it from somewhere
- You’re born gay ma. You don’t just catch it, like the measles or the chicken pox
- Well I don’t remember him being queer before he went over there
- Stop saying queer ma
- YOU CAN’T SAY QUEER
- It’s the same as gay.
- Queer means a bit odd. He’s not odd.
- Well gay used to mean happy.How come you can say gay and not queer.
- You just can’t, and anyway you don’t go away and just come back gay
- At least Olive will have someone to go shopping with now
- So, because he’s gay, he’s going to go shopping with his mammy?
- It’s what the gays do Bernadette.
- How would you know what gays do ma?
- I know more than you do Bernadette. I wonder does he know Barry and Mark?
- The gays across the road Bernie.
- Ma just because he’s gay doesn’t mean he knows everyone that’s gay
- I must ask Leonard at the dancing this week
- Ma, stop it
- You’re right, Leonard is too old, I’ll just ask Barry and Mark so
Give me patience with this woman!
4 thoughts on “Queer as folk #AtoZChallenge”
I’ve got the same migraine that’s been with me for two weeks now, but your mum got me laughing! I can’t even be offended, can I, because she’s doing better than my own mother, for sure. Plus, on the Q-word – she probably heard her new friends across the road using it and figured it’s the right term now.
“I’ll say what I like” she says to me when I give out to her 🙄
LikeLiked by 1 person
Most people probably think she is fun and funny and that at her age, they will just let her say what she wants and be amused by it. That’s probably because they don’t have to live with her.
LikeLiked by 1 person
They think she’s hilarious and she plays up to them… she’s a little wagon 😜