Having grown up kids still living at home can take it’s toll. They’re worse than babies. I think I had it easier when I was changing nappies. I’m not the only one either.
- How was your Christmas, Bernie?
- Same shite different year, Babs
- That bad was it?
- Well if you call, feeding the five thousand everyday, then doing the washing up afterwards, doing the laundry, cleaning toilets, refilling toilet roll holders every five minutes, then driving to the bottle bank to get rid of everyone elses shite, then yeah…it was that bad.
- So you didn’t enjoy it then?
- Ah, I suppose it wasn’t that bad. Don’t be minding me. I’m just suffering from ACBYN syndrome.
- After Christmas, before New Year.
- Those few days between Christmas and New Year are the worst, aren’t they Bernie? You don’t know what the hell day it is.
- Well, I hate when my family are selfish fuckers. The more you do, the less thanks you get.
- Mine are the same, they take over the house and then fuck off back to their lives with ne’er a thanks or a bunch of flowers or a kiss me arse.
- And ordering takeaways all hours of the day and night, without even asking if you’d like something. Aww no, just leave your empty pizza boxes on the floor beside your empty glasses why don’t you. I’ve a pain in me hole running after that lot. I had to get out of the house for an hour, just to get away from them.
- Ah, fair play to you, Bernie. Are you going anywhere nice?
- The bottle bank…again.
Well that was before New Years Eve, and you know how that ended. I swore this year, things were going to be different…we’ll see.