- What’s happening in the budget Bernie?
- You mean how much of a rise are you getting in your pension ma?
- Well yeah
- A fiver ma
- Five euro. They broke their heart didn’t they?
- Miserable shites. Sure what good is a fiver to anyone?
- Big splash out for Christmas what Bernie?
- I don’t think so ma. You won’t be getting it until March
- March? Next March? Sure I could be dead by then
- You and the rest of them. D’ye know they say one elderly person dies of the cold every seven minutes in the U.K. in January ma
- Just as well I don’t live in the U.K. then Bernadette isn’t it.
- They do seem to get colder winters than us alright ma
- That extra fiver could have gone on me gas bill, or a few bales of briquettes
- I can’t believe they expect people to wait until March, but sure it’ll still be cold in March
- Sure I mightn’t be here next week Bernadette, never mind next March
- You say that every year ma
- Well it’s true. I’m not getting any younger you know
- None of us are ma…Here look. Didn’t the feckers only give themselves a rise of five grand yesterday
- Are ye serious? How sneaky is that, doing it before the budget.They certainly look after themselves don’t they?
- …and you may be sure they won’t have to wait until next year
- As me own poor mother used to say lord rest her ‘Live horse and you’ll eat grass’
- Or even sheep ma
- What d’ye mean sheep?
- They’re giving 25million euro to animal welfare for sheep
- They kept that one quiet didn’t they?
- The politicians or the sheep?
- The politicians ye big eejit. But what the hell are the sheep going to do with 25million euro, can you tell me?
- I dunno, spend it on new woolly coats for the winter maybe?
- ..and what about the cows ? How much are they getting?
- Cows don’t wear woolly coats ma
- Very funny Bernadette, but I’d say the sheep are only delighted
- Wouldn’t ewe be ma…wouldn’t ewe?
- I see what ewe did there Bernadette
- Ah ma you’re gas…so tell us…any plans for your fiver?
- I’m thinking of buying meself a little lamb, what d’ye think
- Get two ma, they’re small
- That’s not a baaaaaad idea Bernadette.
And yiz think I’m bad!!
2 thoughts on “Silence of the lambs (Budget 2017)”
Heeheehee! Yes, they take care of themselves, and it’s a shame the way the whole thing works.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Shower of wasters 😡