Mrs. Molloy up the road died last week. She was a lovely woman who had a smile and a friendly word for everyone. She was always out doing her garden. She grew fabulous roses. She used to give me one now and again. ‘A rose for a rose’ she’d say, bless her. Teresa and me went up to pay our respects at Masseys funeral parlour in the village
- She looks lovely doesn’t she Bernie
- Eh no Teresa, she looks dead
- But she looks at peace
- To be honest with you, I think she looks a bit pissed off actually
- Why would she be pissed off?
- Cos she’s dead Teresa. I’m sure you’d be pissed off if you were dead
- But she lived a long life. It was her time
- I must remind you of that when you’re 79, tell you it’s your time
- I’m a long way off 79 Bernie Rose
- I’m sure Mary thought the same when she was your age Teresa
- Mary who?
- Mary Molloy, in the coffin
- Oh right
- I expected her to look better than this
- How can she look better? She’s dead Bernie
- But she always looked so well
- But she wasn’t always dead was she?
- She was a gorgeous woman
- Gorgeous Bernie. Gorgeous
- After she got sick tho’ she changed so much, God love her
- If she’d died before she got sick she’d have been a lovely corpse wouldn’t she Bernie?
- If she hadn’t got sick she wouldn’t have died Teresa
- True Bernie. True
Some people just love to give blondes a bad name 😞
One thought on “Funeral parlour”
True that! lol
LikeLiked by 1 person