My pal Lynda rang me last night when news leaked about a potential new lockdown and a return to level five restrictions. She’s inclined to panic a bit.
- I can’t do it again, Bernie.
- Calm down, Lyn will you.
- How can I calm down? Me nerves are shot to bits.
- You’ll be grand. Just do what you’re doing now, social distance, wear your mask and keep washing your hands.
- Do you not remember the first lockdown, Bernie? We were lucky to get out alive.
- You didn’t even get the virus, Lynn.
- I know.
- So, what’s the problem this time?
- Him, at home again, all day.
- I suppose it is a worry when your husband is out of work.
- It really is, Bernie.
- Are you stuck for a few bob?
- No, we’ve plenty of money. Money isn’t the problem.
- So what is?
- I just told you; HIM, AT HOME…AGAIN…ALL DAY…EVERYDAY.
Heaven help us.