I told you before that Maisie thinks she can say what she likes, and she usually does. Now that she’s in hospital, she’s even worse than ever before. Me auntie Lil (Ma’s sister in law, who she cant stand) popped in to visit her the other evening. We all know that auntie Lil would talk about herself as long as anyone would listen to her, but Maisie really wasn’t in the mood for her that day.
- Maisie, Its great to see you looking so well.
- I’m in hospital Lil, how could I be looking well?
- When I was in hospital…
- I don’t want to hear it Lil.
- I was just trying to make conversation.
- That’s not conversation, that’s telling me all about your kidney stones.
- I thought you’d be interested.
- I was, the first twenty times you told me.
- Always the exaggerator Margaret.
- Whatever, LILIAN, so come on, have you any other news?…and don’t talk about yourself when you’re here; sure we’ll do that when you leave.
Auntie Lil didn’t stay long, and I’ll be very surprised if she comes back.