Me sister Phillo is with me ma today so I dropped round to Julie for a chat.
- Put the kettle on Julie will ye, me head is banging
- What’s up with you?
- Me ma, that’s what’s up
- What did she do now
- Apart from breath you mean?
- Ah Bernie, she’s not that bad
- Not that bad? Not that bleeding bad. She’s doing my head in Julie
- Tell me
- No matter what I do for her she just moans constantly
- Ah she’s not well Bernie
- Tell me about it. If it’s not her arse it’s her elbow. She’s healthier than the lot of us put together, well apart from her gammy knee that is
- Did she get her results from the hospital?
- Yeah, they were all clear
- Ah that’s great
- Yes it is great, but me ma is still not happy
- Why not, she must have been relieved
- You’d think so wouldn’t you? But no, not Maisie
- What did she say?
- She said they’re all a bunch of quacks and don’t know what they’re talking about
- She’s just worried that there’s something else wrong with her
- I know what’s wrong with her
- She’s a bleedin’ hypochondriac that’s what
- It’s just her age Bern and she’s worried about getting old
- I wish it was only her age she was moaning about Julie but she thinks she has every illness under the sun
- Ah bless her
- I’ll bless her alright
- She doesn’t mean it
- I know. Don’t mind me Jules I’m just worn out running after her.
- What about the rest of the family?
- Ah they’re great. We take turns dropping in to do a bit of shopping and cooking for her but she still moans that she sees nobody
- You’re lucky to have her Bernie
- I know. I’m the fucking moan now amn’t I Julie?
- No, you’re just tired hon. You’ll be grand
- As the song goes… ‘I will survive’ Julie
- Of course you’ll survive Bern. No better woman
- Thank God it’s Phillo’s turn today but
- Who’s with her tomorrow?
- Haha, are you serious?
- Yeah, he has a day off and I’ve an appointment so he said he’ll drop in for a few hours to keep her company
- Poor Maisie
- Poor fucking Jimmy you mean 🙄
4 thoughts on “I will survive #AtoZChallenge”
As we would say down in the southern region of the US, “bless her heart!” That mostly means you wouldn’t mind throttling her but you love her too much.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Haha, bless her cotton sox is another one :p
Oh my goodness. Jimmy sitting with your mother? Can’t wait to hear about this adventure!
Watch this space!
LikeLiked by 1 person