- Who’s idea was it to call it St. Patty’s day Jimmy?
- The Americans
- …and who the fuck is Patty when she’s at home anyway?
- A snake charmer called Patricia. Paddy got rid of the snakes, she’s gonna bring them back
- She’s doing a good job of it so. There’s a few snakes around I’d like to give a belt of a shillelagh to.
- Saint Patrick didn’t carry a shillelagh, he carried a walking stick. You’re thinking of leprechauns. Leprechauns carry shillelaghs
- Do they now Mr. know all? …and when was the last time you saw a leprechaun with a shillelagh?
- When I was five, in the fairy ring at the bottom of me mas garden
- Next you’ll be telling me you found his pot of gold at the end of the rainbow
- Ah that’s all a myth Bernie
- You do surprise me Jimmy. Leprechauns,shillelaghs and fairy rings; but no pot of gold?
- No end of the rainbow Bernie. It’s forever illusive.
- Tell me about it. I’m forever chasing rainbows Jimmy
- Sure didn’t you catch me? Better than any crock of gold I am
- Golden balls himself
- Begorrah and be god sure I am so I am Bernadette Rosaleen
- Stop it will you. Next thing you’ll be saying ‘Top o’ de mornin’ to ye’
- Ah sure you have to get into the Paddy’s day spirit Bernie
- By talking like Jimmy O’Dea in Darby O’Gill and the Little People?
- I was thinking more Sean Connery
- Are you sure you didn’t kiss the Blarney stone as well Jimmy?
- Because you never stop talking shite
- Ah lighten up Bernie. It’s Paddys day. I’ve the whole weekend off. Time for the craic
- Don’t even think of asking me to go in to the Parade
- Fuck that Bernie. In this weather? We’re going down the pub to drown the shamrock
- Now you’re talking. You can buy me dinner as well
- We can have a look for a fairy ring on the way Ber
- Ask me hoop Jimmy
Happy St. Patrick’s Day everyone 🙂
5 thoughts on “Chasing rainbows on Paddy’s day”
Happy St. Paddy’s!
LikeLiked by 1 person
I’ve always wondered about Patty myself… today I learned something!
Happy St. Patrick’s Day! From what i’ve understood, the original saying was that you were more likely to find the end of the rainbow than to find a leprechaun’s pot of gold, and from a misunderstanding of that people began to believe leprechauns actually hid the gold there. No, i’ve never caught a leprechaun to ask for myself.
LikeLiked by 1 person
…and rainbows are actually circles. Circles have no end so there ye go now 🙂