Its been a very long, very busy weekend, not much writing done and I’m way behind on my AtoZ so I will be cheating by reblogging some oldies. First one is with my auntie Mal 🥰
Auntie Marilyn is mam’s sister. I told her we were going on holiday to Wales to visit friends.
- I’ve been to Wales with my pal, Pam.
- What part of Wales did you go to auntie Mar?
- Sure there’s feck all in Holyhead, what did you do there?
- We went on a day trip to Dublin on the ferry.
- But you live in Dublin.
- I know that, Bernie.
- So you went on your holidays to Wales and took a day trip back home?
- Yes, it was marvelous.
- As you said, there was feck all in Holyhead. We were so bored, we booked a day trip for a tenner on the ferry.
- Did you know it was going to Dublin?
- Of course we did, we’re not stupid, Bernie.
- Of course you’re not auntie Mar.
- There was a band playing on board. We had a few drinks and a dance. We had a fabulous time.
- So, what did you do when you got to Dublin?
- We did a bit of shopping on Talbot Street. I bought a lovely pair of slacks in Guineys. Pam bought new net curtains for her downstairs loo.
- I’ve heard it all now.
- I would have popped home for a cuppa but we had to be back on the ferry for the return sailing.
- You got the ferry back? Would you not have been better staying put? Sure you only live around the corner from Guineys.
- Don’t be silly Bernie, we still had two days left of our holidays and our return ticket.
God bless auntie Marilyn, she cracks me up 🙂