Me and the girls emptied our Bisto tins and fecked off with our running away money…just for the weekend to Liverpool, we came back like. ( We always come back…well, most of us, but that’s another story altogether) I couldn’t wait to get away from everything; me ma, the kids, even Jimmy. As usual, we booked the early morning flight, but I was bloody knackered before I even got there.
- Wake up Bernie, we’re here.
- Jesus that was quick, I only fastened me seat belt five minutes ago.
- Twenty actually.
- I cant believe I fell asleep. Was I snoring?
- You woke the pilot you were so loud.
- Feck off you.
- What has you so tired anyway?
- Three hours sleep and a ride before the 4am alarm
- Jesus, too much information Bernie.
- Sorry hon, but I couldn’t let Jimmy go the whole weekend without a bit of how’s your father could I.
- How do you do it Bernie?
- I’ll draw you a diagram later hon.
- You’re alright I think I remember how do do it…well vaguely.
- Jaysis, has it been that long Pauline?
- Shush Bernie, no need to tell the whole plane.
- Calm down love, jesus now I know why you’re so uptight.
- Excuse me?
- Ehh, I’m only joking, now come on and grab them bags from the overhead locker, I’m gasping for a drink.
- Well I tried waking you when the drinks trolley came around, but you wouldn’t budge.
- You mean you actually had time for a drink?
- There’s always time for a drink Bernie…even on a twenty minute flight.
- Well hurry up, I obviously need to catch up with you lot then….come on girls…woop woop…
I love a Liverpool weekender, and I love me pals even more.
I told you we came back 😉
I’m just back from Benidorm. We had a fab time, but when I got on the plane all I wanted to do was sleep, I was so wrecked. This drinking and partying every night takes its toll you know.
Anyway, I was just settling down for a nice snooze after take off when the little brat behind me, starts kicking the back of my seat. I turned and gave him and his mother a dirty look but he continued kicking throughout the flight.
When the drinks trolley arrived, it stopped briefly as they put down their trays. He got a kids snack box with biscuits and hoola hoops and a can of coke, she got a vodka and a can of Heineken. She proceeded to pour the Heino into the glass of vodka and lowered it in one before pressing her buzzer to order another round. The child put his tray back in place and continued with his kicking marathon. the coke seemed to have given him more energy as the kicking became more fierce. I couldn’t take it anymore.
- Are you going to control your child?
- I beg your pardon?
- Can you tell him to stop kicking my seat please
- Stop kicking the ladies seat Benjamin, there’s a good boy
- Thank you
He stopped kicking for two minutes, then started again
- Your mammy told you to stop kicking my seat, did you not hear her?
- Well can you stop please
- Excuse me?
- I don’t want to
- I don’t care what you want…just stop kicking my fucking seat
- Don’t speak to my son like that
- Tell your son to stop kicking my seat
- I did
- Tell him again!
- Benjamin, the lady is in a bad mood so just take your feet away from the back of her seat, good boy
- The lady is in a bad mood because your little brat wont stop kicking my seat
- My son is not a brat
- Yes he is, and if you can’t control him, I will
- How dare you!
- How dare you bring a child on a plane and let him do as he pleases while you drink yourself blind
- I’ve had two drinks
- You’ve had four, and a few more before you got on the plane by the look of you
- …and you don’t drink?
- Yes I do, I love a drink,but I don’t get wasted when I’ve me kids with me
- I’m not wasted, don’t you dare judge me
- I’m not judging, I’m making an observation
- Mind your own bloody business
- I’ll mind my own business when you control your fucking child
- Don’t use that language in front of my son
- Don’t be getting pissed in front of your son
- I am not pissed
- Well, continue ordering cans of Heino and vodka chasers at the rate you are and you will be
- Mammy are you pissed?
- No Benjamin, don’t mind the silly lady. Here swap seats with me
- And if he wakes my husband up by kicking HIS seat, he won’t be as nice as me…ok love?
There wasn’t another peep out of him, but honestly…Some people shouldn’t be allowed travel with kids