- You’ve gone mad on the veg again Bernie.
- Have I?
- Carrots, cauliflower, broccoli, parsnips.
- They’re good for you.
- I’ll be farting in Technicolor after this lot
- Don’t you always?
- Did you forget the peas?
- You don’t like garden peas.
- I like a few Yasser marrow fats.
- I haven’t time to be steeping marrowfat peas Jimmy
- But they’re me favourite Bernie, and you never cook them.
- I just forget that’s all.
- Me ma always has mushy peas for me.
- Feck off . You’re like a child.
- Well, she does.
- Your ma is great.
- Stop being sarcastic.
- Well shut up always telling me how your ma is better than me.
- I’ve never said that.
- Well you imply it.
- It’s all in your mind Bernie.
- Is it, well why don’t you pop on down to Lily of the valley for some mushy peas.
- I told you not to keep calling her that, Bernie.
- Ah feck off, she calls me worse than that.
- No she doesn’t.
- Eh, yeah she does.
- Speaking of being like a child; How old are you?
- Old enough to keep out of your aul ones way.
- Would you not try getting on with her, Bernie?
- Thirty years of trying to get on with that woman is more than enough,Jimmy. I’ve done my time.
- I’ll drop in to see her after dinner.
- She’ll be delighted to have you all to herself.
- Grow up, Bernie.
- You know it’s the truth.
- Jaysis, all I wanted was a few mushy peas. You find any reason at all to start on me ma.
He doesn’t even notice that he’s the one who starts it.
2 thoughts on “Lily of the valley. #AprilAtoZ”
You have my sympathy, even if for me it’s a brother-in-law, not a mother-in-law. His nickname isn’t The Mouth for nothing.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Oh I have a sister in law like that too… we call her mouth almighty 🤣